Weekly Digest #99
Find us on Instagram!- @thepaperlesspress
We are also on YouTube- The Paperless Press
Support us on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/ThePaperlessPress/
In this digest-
1. Article- Thoughts on Independence Day
2. Happiness Quotient From Around The World
3. Did You Know?
4. Entertainment Quotient
Thoughts on Independence Day
By: Agastya Rao
India has officially completed 75 years of independence from British Colonial rule. This important milestone should be celebrated properly, not just by raising a flag. Here are our top tips on how to celebrate this day in a way that goes beyond words and symbols.
1. Talk/Write about unsung heroes
It is imperative that we don’t forget the unsung freedom fighters and heroes of the freedom movement of India. While all of us know about the contribution of Gandhi Ji, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, however many of us don’t know about the unsung heroes of the freedom movement, such as Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan and Bhikajii Cama who were instrumental in the success of the freedom movement. There were thousands more whose stories we do not hear about. It would be a fitting tribute to find out more about unsung heroes and perhaps write about them, as their sacrifices should not go in vain.
2. Be climate friendly- When freedom fighters fought for our freedom, they did not do it so that we would pollute the environment, creating a cage-like atmosphere.
Freedom to breathe clean air is a right we need to uphold - by ensuring we preserve the air in the country we are proud of. This can be by keeping our society clean, or even starting a campaign to keep your district or city clean!
3. Treat everyone equally- The long struggle to break free of the shackles of imperialism was based on the foundation of equality. We have been an independent country for 75 years; yet there are many who yearn for equality. To truly attain the goal of equality, each of us can play our part by treating everyone equally, regardless of their gender, race, caste or social status.
4. Fight against injustice- The freedom fighters fought against injustice inorder for us to attain freedom, and we too must do the same and speak up against injustice that happens in our country. If you see anyone being treated badly, discriminated against, please speak up. This would be the perfect celebration of Independence Day - freedom of thought, expression, and an environment where a peaceful dialogue is possible.
5. Be the best global citizen you can be- As Indians, it is we the people (as stated in the Constitution of India) who make India the great nation that it is. The only way for us to uphold that status and pride of India is by being the best versions of ourselves that we can be, because our behaviour reflects the image of the country. If we succeed, India succeeds. The only way we can succeed is together.
Indians must unite and treat everyone equally, in order for us to achieve our full potential. As idealistic as that sounds, together we can make it possible!
Happy Independence Day!
By: Mihir Rao
By: Abhimanyu Rao
Amazon Prime Video
Alvin and the Chipmunks
I am Groot
Visit these pages to see some of our other endeavours!
Visit A Dogs Daily Antics to laugh your heart out with crazy captioned dog photos!
A Note To Our Readers:
We thank our readers for supporting us these past two years. We truly hope you enjoyed this digest and we hope this puts a smile on your face. Here at The Paperless Press, we strive to provide free,fun and positive news. We would be very happy to receive your feedback and receive guest submissions from our readers. We hope that you spread the word and enjoy reading our digests.
-The Paperless Press
We hope this digest brightened up your day!
Contact us at-
The Paperless Press ™
© 2022 The Paperless Press™ All Rights Reserved