Weekly Digest #88
Find us on Instagram!- @thepaperlesspress
We are also on Youtube- The Paperless Press
Support us on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/ThePaperlessPress/
In this digest-
1. Board exams minus stress - the winning formula
2. Happiness Quotient From Around The World
3. Did You Know?
4. Entertainment Quotient
Board exams- minus stress: The Winning Formula
By: Abhimanyu Rao
Our Board Exams have begun! This means that for almost every 10th grader across the country, it is time to buckle down and revise the things they learned from November onwards!
This revision would be a daunting task for any exam, but the label of “Board Exams” makes this task even more stressful, and here at The Paperless Press, we understand that. It is for this very reason that we have compiled a handy list of tips to help you with your exam preparation!
These tips will help you with every part of the exam, from memorising the pesky facts to figuring out how to write answers again!
1. Sample the papers- You would have heard this from everyone you’ve talked to, but doing some sample papers under a time limit is a great way to prepare yourself for the pressure of the actual exam! Writing answers is great for practice, but writing answers under a time limit can be quite a challenge.
So, after you feel like you are ready, do a few papers, just so that the pressure of the exam doesn’t shock you too much! As a bonus, it’ll also help you see which question types you need to revise!
2. Chart it out -
Use charts to help organise the contents of a chapter. Whether it is making a flowchart to concisely revise your history chapter, or using a web chart to note down the different political parties of India, charts give you a lot of information without being too confusing, and also make it easier to remember some information.
You can make these charts as detailed as you would like, for anything from names and facts, to even character sketches and formulae!
3. Frequent viewing programme- Stick these charts, along with other important information, onto places where you will see them often. Whether it’s the walls of your own room, the walls of your cupboard, or even set it as the wallpaper of any electronic device you use regularly!
Seeing these things regularly will help you remember them well, which is great for those unbearable factoids that you can’t seem to remember, no matter how hard you try! Maybe, the best way for you to remember them is by not trying, but just looking at them, and doing instead! As a wise Jedi master once said, “Try not. Do, or Do not, there is no try.”
4. All study and no breaks makes for a bad formula - The fourth tip we have about studying is actually… not studying! By taking some regular breaks, you will be doing a few things.
Firstly, anyone who has even watched just a few episodes of a cooking show will probably know that resting a meat after cooking it is essential to get the best flavour! In this scenario, your brain is the meat, and studying is cooking it.
Every time you study for a while, you should take a break to ensure that you don’t overload your brain, but also so that you can keep everything in your brain! Don’t keep the intervals too short, or the breaks too long, and you’ll achieve the best results!
These are our top four tips for the best Board-exam prep you’ll ever do! We hope that these tips help make your days less stressful, and make your studying easier.
By: Agastya Rao
By: Mihir Rao
Entertainment quotient for the week:
Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles
Masterchef Australia Season 14
Visit these pages to see some of our other endeavours!
Visit A Dogs Daily Antics to laugh your heart out with crazy captioned dog photos!
A Note To Our Readers:
We thank our readers for supporting us this past year. We truly hope you enjoyed this digest and we hope this put a smile on your face. Here at The Paperless Press, we strive to provide free,fun and positive news. We would be very happy to receive your feedback and receive guest submissions from our readers. We hope that you spread the word and enjoy reading our digests.
-The Paperless Press
We hope this digest brightened up your day!
Contact us at-
The Paperless Press ™
© 2022 The Paperless Press™ All Rights Reserved