The Paperless Press
Weekly Digest #108
Find us on Instagram!- @thepaperlesspress
We are also on Youtube- The Paperless Press
Support us on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/ThePaperlessPress/
Tweet us- https://twitter.com/Paperless_Press
Check out our LinkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/in/the-paperless-press-65a931249/
In this digest-
1. Article- 5 Reasons to be optimistic about 2023
2. Happiness Quotient From Around The World
3. Did You Know?
4. Entertainment Quotient
5 Reasons to be optimistic about 2023
By: Agastya Rao
2022 had its own share of ups and downs - while the world opened up and Covid-19 was relatively tame in the second half of the year, the war in Ukraine and an increase in interest rates caused a great deal of worry among people across the globe. While these problems still exist, there are a whole bunch of things to look forward to in 2023, and we remain hopeful that 2023 shall be a better year than 2022. Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2023-
1. The Ozone Layer is Healing- The treacherous hole in the Ozone layer is set to heal itself and will recover slowly, but steadily. Scientists have predicted that the layer will return to the level of the Ozone layer in 1985, by the year 2040 (all assuming us humans continue to not use Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) recklessly.
The Ozone Layer for the Polar Regions will take slightly longer to heal (Area above the Arctic is expected to heal by 2045, and the area above Antarctica is set to heal by 2066). The best we can do is keep the Earth and its air clean!
2. Children and young people will make their voices heard - Children and youth were, for the first time, formally recognised as agents of change at COP27. When the going got tough and the adults refused to take action to safeguard our world, it was the youth and children who made themselves heard. We have no doubt that this positive change will continue in 2023.
3. Space Exploration-
2023 is going to be an important year for Space travel, with NASA heading close to Mars, and also returning to the Moon. NASA plans to partner with Private companies to get Moon Landers to the Moon (robots) to learn more about the moon.
NASA is also planning on launching the JUICE mission to explore Jupiter’s Icy Moons. In a quest to learn more about the creation of the universe, NASA is launching the Psyche mission to take a look at a metallic asteroid which may be a leftover metal core of a planet!
Private space exploration companies such as Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin is also expected to launch rockets in 2023, which is another highly anticipated event.
4. Movies- While this may not sound like a significant earth shattering reason for joy, we believe in celebrating little things that bring us joy, and the movies are a significant boost of joy. 2023 has a host of exciting movies and franchises releasing blockbuster hits. For Marvel fans, the 3rd installment of the Ant-Man movies releases in the middle of February, and Guardians of the Galaxy series draws a curtain on its films, with its final release in early May.
For Rocky and Creed fans, the third movie of the Creed films released in early March, with Michael B Jordan taking the director’s seat for his directorial debut, while simultaneously playing the lead role in the film.
The Sequels to Captain Marvel, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Dune are also slated for release in 2023. The next Indiana Jones movie returns in 2023, along with a new Star Wars Film: Rogue Squadron. There is plenty for fans to look out for in 2023!
5. New innovations in medical care - Healthcare professionals have truly been heroes during the past two years. Thanks to the funds pumped in towards the innovation for new vaccines for COVID 19, a host of other cutting edge innovation is taking place in the medical field. Science is on the edge of finding a cure for many diseases.
By: Mihir Rao
By: Abhimanyu Rao
Entertainment quotient for the week:
The Bad Batch-Season 2
Visit these pages to see some of our other endeavours!
Visit A Dogs Daily Antics to laugh your heart out with crazy captioned dog photos!
A Note To Our Readers:
We thank our readers for supporting us these past two years. We truly hope you enjoyed this digest and we hope this puts a smile on your face. Here at The Paperless Press, we strive to provide free,fun and positive news. We would be very happy to receive your feedback and receive guest submissions from our readers. We hope that you spread the word and enjoy reading our digests.
-The Paperless Press
We hope this digest brightened up your day!
Contact us at-
The Paperless Press ™
© 2022 The Paperless Press™ All Rights Reserved